Notes app in iOS is a powerful tool that contains useful features. We use this app for making checklists, taking notes, and jot down our thoughts. We all use the Notes app on our phones on daily basis. And with iCloud, these notes sync with other Apple devices so you can access the notes from everywhere.
But sometimes we want to access the notes from the non-Apple device. To view them on other devices you can also go to the iCloud from any browser and sign in with your Apple ID. But some people don’t like this. Here we show another method to access the notes from a non-Apple device with the help of Gmail. Here is how to access the iPhone Notes from Gmail or sync iPhone Notes to Gmail:
1. Adding Google Account to your iOS device
Firstly, you must be login with your Google account to sync the data to Gmail. For adding the Google Account to your iPhone go to:
- Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account
- Then tap on the Google and sign-in with your Google Account.
- If you already signed-in then skip this step.
2. Sync Notes with Gmail
After Signing in to your Google Account Now we sync the notes with Gmail. For this purpose open Settings
- Tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- After this, select the Gmail Account.
- Turn on the Notes toggle button.
3. Select Notes That Will be Synchronized to Gmail
Open Notes App, here you’ll see that a separate section of your Gmail is created.
Any type of notes created under this section will display to your Gmail.
4. View Notes in the Gmail
Go to Gmail from any browser and sign in with your Google Account. You can see the Notes label in the sidebar of Gmail. Now you can access your notes just like email.
- You can’t the edit the notes from the Gmail.
- If you delete the notes from the Gmail account then these notes will also be deleted from the iPhone Notes App.