Recently, I decided to download the TikTok app after watching some funny videos from some talented people on the internet. TikTok is used to create lip-syncs and music dance videos. The duration of each video is about 5 to 15 seconds. TikTok was launched in September 2016. In a very short period, the app has spread and gained millions of users globally. The company behind TikTok is privately held called byte dance.
In China, TikTok has been known as douyin, and it is owned by byte dance. A big part of TikTok’s users is from Asian countries, mainly China and India. In the USA, there are more than 30 million people using TikTok actively. The number is increasing at an incredibly fast rate. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it is cringy, but it is definitely addictive.
1. Download TikTok Videos:
TikTok allows you to download the videos on your phone and watch it later when you are offline. Open the respective video, then tap on the share icon and save the video to download this on your phone. Or you can long-press anywhere on the video to save it. TikTok won’t show you the download icon when the creator disabled it, but you can still use the third-party apps.
You can use Video Downloader For TikTok on Android and download it from Google Play Store.
2. Disable Downloading of Your Videos:
To stop other people from downloading your TikTok videos, you can change Privacy Settings.
- Find and tap ‘Me’ on your bottom right corner.
- Click three dots shown on your upper right corner.
- Tap Privacy and safety and open ‘Allow your videos to be downloaded‘ option.
- Turn off ‘Allow your videos to be downloaded.’
Now, no one can download your upload videos on TikTok.
3. Make Your TikTok Account Private:
Like every app, you can also go private in TikTok but make sure that you’re only sharing content with your friends.
- Tap the Me icon on the right end.
- Tap Menu on your right upper corner.
- Open Privacy and safety option (Privacy in old apps).
- Tap ‘Private account’ so only people you can accept as a friend can see your videos.
Now, only the people you approve as your followers can watch your videos and likes.
4. Quickly Shoot Videos:
To record a TikTok video, you have to open the app. There is a Plus Sign at the bottom of your mobile screen to launch the camera.
- Tap Sounds located at the top of the app screen. This opens the Sound Menu.
- Type the name of the song or artist in the Search Bar.
- Tap the Check Mark next to a song.
- Tap 15s or 60s, located at the bottom of the app’s screen. This enables you to select how long of a video you want to make.
- Edit the video and then caption it, then Post it.
5. Convert a TikTok Video into a Live Wallpaper:
To make a TikTok video into a Live Wallpaper
- On iPhone:
- Open any TikTok video you like.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Click Live Photo, and the video will be converted into a live photo in your gallery app.
- On Android:
- Tap the Share icon.
- Tap on Live Photo.
- Next, TikTok will ask you to install the TikTok Wall Picture from Google Play Store.
- And set Wallpaper on your Home Screen Or Lock and Home screen.
6. Limit Your Kid’s TikTok usage:
TikTok has an option of DIGITAL WELLBEING, which lets you set a time limit on TikTok starting from 40 minutes to a few hours.
- Open Settings on the iPhone.
- Navigate to Screen Time.
- And then tap Time Limits.
- Find TikTok from the app list.
- Here you can add a time limit per day.
These were the latest TikTok tips and tricks that you can follow to level up your TikTok game. You can also read our latest WhatsApp tips and tricks to level up your WhatsApp game.