Tagging your friends in the comments section seems fun until they tag you back in embarrassing posts or start discussing your life somewhere in the comments section. Sometimes things get nasty and you want your way out of it but Facebook’s comment system holds you back. You remain tagged until the discussion is over. Well, you no longer have to wait for that. It turns out, you can now remove comment tags on Facebook and this guide will help you in learning how to remove comment tags from Facebook.
Remove Tag from Facebook comments on Web or Desktop:
If someone has tagged you in a Facebook comment and you don’t want to be tagged there, you can remove the tag from comments by following these simple steps:
- Open the comment from where you want to remove yourself, hover over the comment, and three dots will appear
- Click three dots menu and then click ‘Give feedback or report this comment’
- In the next pop-up, select ‘Spam’
- After selecting ‘Spam,’ click the ‘Next’ button
- Select ‘Remove tag’ in the next pop-up
- Select the ‘Remove tag’ button again and wait for the comment to be removed
- After the tag is successfully removed, click ‘Done,’ and the tag will be removed
Remove tag from Facebook comments on Phone
To remove the Facebook comment tag, follow the steps below on your smartphone:
1. Navigate to the comment where your friends tagged you
Open the comment where your friend has tagged you.
2. Tap and hold till more options appear on the screen
Tap the comment for a while and wait for the pop-up to appear.
3. Select ‘Find Support or Report Comment’
Find this option at the bottom of the new options that appear and select to proceed.
4. On the next screen, which is ‘Report’ screen, select ‘Spam’
On the new screen, select ‘Spam’ and it will take you to the next step.
5. On the next screen, find and click the ‘Submit’ button
6. On the next screen, find and select the ‘Remove tag’ option
Find the “Remove tag” option and select to remove the tag from the comment.
7. On this screen, click the ‘Remove Tag’ button
8. You’ll be removed from the comment
You will be untagged from that particular comment after following these simple steps.
Facebook will quietly remove you from the comment where your friend tagged you, leaving just your name. That, you can only remove by asking your friend. This method works on both mobile and web versions of Facebook. You can follow the same steps on any device and remove comment tags from Facebook.
So this is how you can remove yourself from a comment where your friend tagged you. You can watch the video below to get an idea.
Update: Added screenshots and the steps to remove tag from comments on Facebook web/desktop.